Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Look I made a thing again! (Yet still can't seem to finish writing about cauliflower...)

So I know this is very last minute but at least I've churned it out!  I'd been stumped all day with the inspiration for the CASE study challenge #185 but I really, really, really wanted to make something for it. I don't know why, it just stuck with me and the fact that I couldn't come up with a card idea just really nagged at me and, quite frankly pissed me off. There was an internal argument of,
"Holy what the mac and cheese just think of something already!! Time's gonna run out!"
"NO! I GIVE UP. It's too hard! And stop telling me what to do!"
"NO you can think of something! I KNOW YOU CAN! YOU ARE WOMAN, HEAR YOU ROAR!"
"NO I CAN'T! I'M STILL REELING OVER WHAT HAPPENED ON MARVELS AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D TONIGHT EVEN THOUGH I TOTALLY SAW IT COMING 25 MINUTES IN! I AM INCONSOLABLE RIGHT NOW. IT'S LIKE TEEN WOLF ALL OVER AGAIN!!!"
Seriously. With that racket going on in my creative center it's a wonder I can get anything done. Also I'm....probably way too invested in television. Oh well. Back to the card: I had actually given up and started on another card for an upcoming birthday but this challenge just wouldn't get out of my head.  (Even after the Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode)

I was just playing around with the Memory Box butterfly dies (because I love making butterflies. Honestly, I have like 6 different cutouts in different colours just ready to be added to any card. There will come a day when I make a card that doesn't have a butterfly. But that day is not today. It's also not going to be tomorrow either. Maybe in a couple of weeks.) when I thought to make a butterfly in red. The red cardstock made me think of the CASE Study challenge and I figured I had a pretty little centerpiece. After a quick consultation with a Martha Stewart paint colour card I was on my way!

*important note*: Paint colour cards are AWESOME. They're free at Home Depot and Canadian Tire in their paint section and they are SO beautiful and there are so many and it's perfect cardstock and palette inspiration! If you haven't been doing it already, then definitely get to a paint section and stock up on some colour cards :)

Anyway, here's the inspiration (which is so many levels of gorgeous I want to scream! ...and throw a garden party and use those invitations)



And here's what came out of my brain:

*FUN FACT* musical selection for this card was Dream "This is Me" and "He Loves Me, He Loves You Not"
*FUNNER FACT* They're not very good songs but they're catchy. How catchy? HELLA.

This may very well be the cleanest and simplest card I've ever made! If it's not the simplest card then it's damn straight the fastest! I procrastinated quite a bit on this (old habits die hard, what can I say?) but the time crunch really pressured me to get the idea that popped into my head onto the paper and I think it helped :)

I think this kind of card considered clean and simple (I'm not sure) but it to me it's pretty clean and simple. See, I'm kind of a stamping fiend. I love stamping flowery things and foresty things and backgrounds and it's all very
"I LOVE STAMPS!!! STAMP STAMP STAMP!!! RAAAAARRRR!!!"
 that's constantly going on in my head, so I really pulled back with this because the inspiration was so simple and .... I dunno just super classy to me (not that a stampocalpyse can't be classy too, don't get me wrong!!!) I wanted to make something very simple. I think this might be as simple as I can get. I take after my sister, I just love adding accents!

And now I think it's time for a midnight snack! I started month 2 of the Insanity workout and holy-shut-the-front-door it's kicking my ass. But I think I'm getting better at it? Premature enlightenment or not, I'm feeling pretty badass after the workouts :)

-Happy dreams! (and happy snacking to any fellow midnight snackers out there!)

No comments:

Post a Comment